Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Report/Photo by Peter Dudley


Tuesday 10th October


Braintree Town 1 Southend Manor 2 (BBC Essex Cup 3rd Round)

Manor netted twice in the final quarter of the game to stun Braintree Town at Cressing Road and get through to the 4th Round of the County Cup. The hosts took a ninth minute lead when Roman Michael-Percil latched onto a through ball and finished well into the bottom right corner. However with thirteen minutes from time Town defender Charlie Webb had to take over in goal from injured keeper Harry Aldridge, and just four minutes later Manor levelled as stand-in keeper Webb was beaten by an angled James Brown shot in off the far post. And in the 93rd minute Manor grabbed a late winner as hesitant defending allowed Jacob Cleaver to slip in and slot home and cause a big upset.


Wednesday 11th October


Wadham Lodge 0 Takeley 3 (Premier Division)

Takeley are up to third after ending a run of two defeats with victory at Kitchener Road in Walthamstow against Wadham Lodge. The visitors took the lead on the half hour mark when a cross from Will Green was finished by Fred Burrell and they doubled their lead in bizarre circumstances when Forest defender Hoxat lobbed a back pass back to his own keeper and it ended up going in with keeper fumbling after it. And the visitors sealed the points when Stuart Zanone netted late on, meaning the hosts remain bottom of the table.


West Essex 0 Basildon United 5 (Errington Challenge Cup 1st Round)

Basildon United will travel to play Barkingside at Cricklefield in the 2nd Round of the Errington Challenge Cup after thrashing West Essex at Mayesbrook Park. Jack Renew put the Bees into a 33rd minute lead before Jack Adlington added a second five minutes later. Adlington netted again right on half time to send the visitors into the break in total control. The Bees made it four just before the hour through Grant Cumming before Adlington completed his hat-trick to cap a terrific evening for the South Essex side.


Woodford Town (2017) 1 Waltham Forest 5 (Errington Challenge Cup 1st Round)

Forest set up an away tie against FC Romania in the next round  after thrashing in form Woodford Town at Goffs Lane. The visitors took a 15th minute lead before Modeste levelled for the hosts ten minutes later. Forest though added two more just before the break and saw Mo Sagaf add another two for the visitors in the second period to complete a fine evening for the Walthamstow side.