Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Saturday 27th January

Clapton 3 Wadham Lodge 1

Steve Sardinha netted twice as the Tons defeated struggling Lodge at The Old Spotted Dog to remain 6th in the division. Sardinha slotted home to give the hosts the lead before Lodge hit the woodwork and then saw Sardinha net a penalty to double Clapton’s lead. Lodge did then pull a goal back via Brian Simpson, however The Tons netted again in the final minute through Kai Bichard to seal the win. Defeat for Lodge sees them slip further into the bottom four.

Hullbridge Sports 1 Enfield 1893 1

The big bottom four clash at Lower Road ended all square as Hullbridge and Enfield shared a draw. The visitors took a 17th minute lead through Ben Bradbury and then clipped the bar ten minutes later as they looked to take control of this important contest. However eight minutes into the second period Sports levelled when great work from Adebola Sotoyinbo ended with his cross being tapped home at the far post by Michael Edgar. Neither side could force a winner though and it meant both picked up a point but do remain in the bottom four.

Ilford 2 Hackney Wick 1

Jonas Fuadianitu fired Hackney Wick into the lead at Cricklefield. But goals from Liam Whipps and Jamie Hart saw the Foxes turn the half time deficit into a 2-1 win against the bottom side. It was a scrappy win for the hosts but it’s all about the points and those three points took them into 7th place, whilst Wick are now eight points from getting out of the bottom four places with only thirteen games to go; things need to turn around dramatically for the Old Spotted Dog side soon.

Southend Manor P-P Basildon United

The match at Southchurch Park was postponed due to a waterlogged pitch.

Stansted 4 Sporting Bengal United 0

It’s ten points from twelve for the Airportmen now this year after they put in a brilliant second half performance to see of Sporting Bengal United at Hargrave Park. After a goalless first period the hosts took the lead ten minutes into the second half when Julian Lloyd rose highest to glance home a header in off the post, and with twenty minutes left they doubled their lead when Sporting keeper Benovskyy pushed a corner onto the bar and the ball went to the back post where Chris Moore volleyed home. Two minutes afterwards Warren Thomas netted with his first touch after coming on as a substitute for the hosts and with five minutes left Ryan Ramsey completed the scoring for Stansted as they continued their amazing turnaround since the New Year, and they climb to 13th as a result. Sporting, who saw Teo Borozon sent off late on, slip to 15th in the table and are five points above the bottom four.

Takeley P-P West Essex

Match postponed due to a waterlogged pitch at Station Road.

Report by Peter Dudley @ped1980 / Photo by Dan Wilson @essexfootie