Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Photo by Clapton U15s


Monday 1st October


Tower Hamlets 2 Ilford 3  – Report by Andrew Miller

Ilford grabbed a dramatic smash and grab win thanks to a late goal from Atutis in a game were the home side were unlucky to not come away with at least a point. In the first half the home side hit the woodwork. But with the last kick of the first half Peagram scored with a brilliant finish from close range. The home side levelled after 55minutes when Rowe scored with a superb free kick. Hamlets were 2-1 up in the 67th minute when Wale Odedoyin shot just crossed the line. After 71 minutes Ilford equalised thanks to a cool composed finish from Nkosi. Ilford scored what proved to be the winner in the 84th minutes when a corner was whipped in and Atutis jumped highest to head home from close range.


Tuesday 2nd October Round -Up by Pete Dudley


Tuesday Clapton 3 Enfield 1893 2

The Tons survived a second half comeback to defeat Enfield at the Old Spotted Dog. Ashman put the hosts into a 20th minute lead before Cobblah doubled their advantage just past the half hour mark. And when Ebengo added a third with five minutes of the half remaining Clapton were in cruise control. But with twenty minutes left Thomas pulled one back for the visitors before Cosson reduced the deficit further still five minutes later however the hosts held on for victory and see the visitors, who ended the game with nine men, fall to another league defeat.


Great Wakering Rovers 2 Sporting Bengal United 0

Rovers picked up another three points and scored another home win over Sporting Bengal United at Burroughs Park after winning this one 2-0. The visitors, who arrived late and had a less then ideal build up, fall to a second successive league loss whilst Rovers are now top of the pile on goal difference.


Sawbridgeworth Town 0 Basildon United 0

There were no goals at Crofters as the Robins and the Bees both failed to score in what was a good battle between two honest sides. It leaves the Robins just one place above the bottom four whilst Basildon are third on goal difference.


Stansted 0 Southend Manor 4

Manor put in a very impressive performance to defeat Stansted at Hargrave Park for back to back league wins for the first time this campaign. The visitors took the lead when good work from Newell and Jex ended with a goal for Lindfield, and it was two through a goal from Newell before a third goal from Hopkins had Manor cruising at the break. Hopkins added a fourth after some decent play and saw Manor cruise to the three points.


Woodford Town (2017) 2 West Essex 0

Woodford Town recorded another impressive win for the second game in succession after defeating West Essex at Goff’s Lane. After a goalless opening half the hosts took the lead three minutes into the second period with a clinical finish after a moments hesitation in the visitors defence and with twelve minutes remaining the hosts sealed the points from a corner and take a terrific victory.


Wednesday 4th October Round-Up by Scott Lanza


FC Romania 1 Takeley 0

The Wolves had been suffering an FA Cup hangover after their heroics against Hayes & Yeading United in the 2nd Qualifying Round – the next two league games yielded two losses. A good close game was decided by a Florin Pop goal in the 24th minute which sees his side return to winning ways in the league. Takeley could moved to the top of the table had they won here and now sit fifth.


Waltham Forest 2 Burnham Ramblers 6

A recent 1-0 defeat at Wadham Lodge certainly didn’t scare Burnham Ramblers as they returned to the Match Day Stadium only a few days after Saturday’s slender 1-0 defeat. That result saw Ramblers drop to the foot of the table but they lifted themselves off it in emphatic style as Charlee Hughes, Julian Bavin and Bradley Morgan all contributed braces in the 6-2 success. Hughes opened the scoring as early as the 3rd minute, with Bavin doubling the lead before the quarter hour mark. Juelmo Agyebane was able to pull one back for the hosts before the break but Morgan extended Burnham’s lead once more two minutes into the second half. Three goals in six minutes effectively won the game for the visitors  as they went into a 6-1 lead although Jason Ngandu was able to add a further goal to Waltham Forest’s tally in the 64th minute.