Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Tuesday 21st November

Stansted 1 Great Wakering Rovers 2

Rovers are into fourth after recording victory at Hargrave Park against Stansted. The visitors were well on top in the first half and were finally awarded for their dominance three minutes before the break when Neil Richmond netted, and just four minutes into the second half doubled their advantage when Billy Johnson scored. Rovers were the better side in the second half too but saw Stef Neilsen give Stansted hope seven minutes from time, however the visitors ran out fairly comfortable winners leaving The Airportmen down in 12th.

West Essex 2 Sawbridgeworth Town 2

The points were shared at Mayesbrook Park as West Essex and Sawbridgeworth Town shared four goals. Woodbridge rattled the upright for the home side on ten minutes after great work from Zeqiri and seven minutes later saw Joe Lefley give the home side the lead, curling home a delightful free kick from twenty yards. Woodbridge then hit the upright for a second time in the 33rd minute, before two minutes into stoppage time at the end of the first half The Robins equalised as the hosts failed to clear a free-kick, meaning it was all square at the break. And ten minutes into the second period the visitors went in front with a close range finish from Lewis Deamer as the host failed to clear a needless corner. But with just over twenty minutes to go Wood bridge, who had struck the woodwork twice already, finally found the net when after being found by substitute Ahmed, he made no mistake and it meant both sides took a point, meaning West Essex are in eighth and Sawbo in 16th.


Wednesday 22nd November

Romania 2 Wadham Lodge 2

Hosts FCR had to twice come from behind to salvage a point at home to Lodge with tye visitors squandering a penalty late on to win it. Lodge went in front thanks to a great header from a corner but the hosts replied with a decent set play themselves to send the sides in level at the break. Lodge then got their noses back in front, only for the hosts to level again after a defensive mix up. But Lodge had the chance to retake the lead again when they were awarded a spot kick, but this struck the bar and the points were shared.

Hackney Wick 4 Burnham Ramblers 0

A Nalbant hat-trick saw Wick to a thumping win over fellow strugglers Burnham Ramblers at The Old Spotted Dog. The hosts led when Nalbant was put through from the halfway line before slotting past Strizovic and it was two when Nalbant turned home after the visitors had failed to deal with a corner. And the hosts found a third before half time when Idemudia smashed home after Ndjeka had see his effort blocked. Wick then added a fourth as Nalbant completed his hat-trick, tapping home after a breakaway from the hosts, and although Wick saw Camara sent off late on, it’s a welcome win for the home side.

Sporting Bengal United 2 Takeley 2

Takeley were held thanks to a late leveller from the hosts at Mile End gave them a creditable point against the Station Road side. After the hosts had seen Steve Carvell give them the lead, Bryn Thorpe leveled with a superb volley. Frankie Oatham then put the visitors ahead, only to see Oscar Mendes level it up and see the points shared.

Waltham Forest 1 Hullbridge Sports 1 A stoppage time leveller from Kieran Offord saw new boss Darren Manning pick up his first point as Hullbridge salvaged a draw at Kitchener Road against Waltham Forest. The hosts led at the break thanks to a terrific move which saw a Faria back flick find Creasey who slotted home, however with time running out Sports levelled when Offord lobbed home from the edge of the box and make sure his team grabbed something from the game.

Report by Peter Dudley @ped1980 / Photo by Neil Hunwicks @ ABridgeTooFar16

Leave a Reply