Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Tuesday 23rd January

Premier Division Hullbridge Sports P-P Basildon United

The match at Lower Road was postponed due to a waterlogged pitch and has been rearranged for Tuesday 13th February.


Stansted 3 Ilford 1

The Airportmen are now three points and three places above the bottom four after making it seven points from nine in 2018 with a decent win over Ilford at Hargrave Park. The hosts took the lead in the 20th minute when Jack Folan curled a free kick into the Foxes net, however Ilford responded when Tony Cookey headed past Laurence Whymark to level the match up. However just past the half hour mark the hosts retook the lead when Julian Lloyd raced through to fire past Chris Clark in the Ilford goal, meaning the hosts held the lead at half time. And ten minutes from time the hosts sealed the points when former Foxes winger Ryan Ramsey cut inside and drilled home and saw Ilford’s two match winning run come to an end as they stay in ninth.


Errington Challenge Cup Quarter Final

Hackney Wick 1 Sporting Bengal United 2

Sporting skipper Freddy Tandoh netted a late winner as the visitors reached the Semi Finals of the Errington Challenge Cup after victory in their Quarter Final tie against Hackney Wick at the Old Spotted Dog. In a nervy first period, the sides ended it level with the visitors goal coming from Ashaan Siddik on the half hour mark, and with a tight second period too it looked like penalties would be needed to decide this tie. But with just a minute left Tandon volleyed home from close range to send the Mile End side into a Last Four showdown with Sawbridgeworth Town at Crofters.


Gordon Brasted Memorial Trophy Quarter Final

Sawbridgeworth Town 2 FC Romania 3

FCR are through to the Last Four of the Gordon Brasted Memorial Trophy after a brace from Vladut Gabriel helped them to victory over Sawbridgeworth Town at Crofters. The Robins saw Toby Cleaver and substitute Nickolas Azzopardi net for them however Sergiu Florin and those two Gabriel strikes saw the Cheshunt based side set up a Semi Final tie at Cricklefield against Ilford.


*In other news Monday evening’s game between Tower Hamlets and Southend Manor was postponed as the pitch at Mile End was waterlogged, whilst Wednesday’s match between Waltham Forest and Barkingside was also postponed for the same reason.

Report by Peter Dudley @Ped1980 / Photo by Philip Fortune @essexsenior