Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Monday 4th December

Premier Division 

Enfield 1893 3 Burnham Ramblers 4

Burnham made it three wins from four,  four unbeaten, after coming from behind to net twice in the final quarter hour and defeat Enfield at Barrows Farm in a topsy-turvy Essex Senior League encounter. The hosts led in the seventh minute when Jayden Hocking-Rising netted from a tight angle;  however almost immediately the visitors hit back when a Bowman cross found Charlee Hughes who bundled home the equaliser. And in the 15th minute Ramblers went in front with an extraordinary goal when after the hosts gave the ball away to Hughes thirty yards out, he saw the keeper out of position and fired home. But the hosts managed to bounce back and score twice in quick succession, firstly through Harry Prince who levelled seven minutes before the break when he fired across Strizovic, before John Bricknell converted a spot kick after a visitors handball three minutes before half time and give Enfield the lead at the break.

However in the 76th minute the visitors levelled, a bit against the run of play, after a fine move ended with Bowman producing an inch perfect cross to Bradley Morgan at the back post to nod home;  setting up the final quarter hour nicely. And with around five minutes remaining came the winning moment, as the hosts were undone by a ball to the back post and saw it played back to Inns who scored, but a red card was given for handball, meaning a penalty was given, not a goal. However Morgan sent the Enfield keeper the wrong way and saw the Leslie Field outfit win a remarkable see-saw clash down at the bottom of the league, meaning its now 10 points from 12 for the visitors.


London Senior Cup 2nd Round

 Tower Hamlets 0 Tooting & Mitcham United 2

A goal in each half saw Tooting & Mitcham United see off Tower Hamlets and progress through in the London Senior Cup. Quincy Rowe struck home from twenty five yards after just eight minutes to put the visitors ahead, and the Bostick Premier side were mainly in control during the opening forty five minutes. The visitors failed to turn their second half dominance into goals though;  that was until Peter Wedgeworth netted from the spot in the 93rd minute to finally seal their victory,  although the hosts never really looked like getting anything from this game, crashing out at the 2nd Round stage.


Tuesday 5th December

Premier Division

Stansted 0 Takeley 3

Takeley are into second spot and only two points behind leaders Redbridge after victory at local rivals Stansted. The visitors led after ten minutes when Carl Mullings converted from point blank range and eight minutes before half time they doubled their lead when Jason Todd saw his effort deflected in. And with nine minutes remaining the Station Road side sealed the points with a Mullings solo effort, firing off a great shot on the turn that gave the keeper no chance. Defeat sees Stansted drop into the bottom four after their fifteenth league loss.


Errington Challenge Cup 2nd Round  Southend Manor 3 Hackney Wick 3 (Hackney Wick won 4-2 on penalties)

Wick set up a Quarter Final clash with Sporting Bengal United at The Old Spotted Dog after they saw off Southend Manor on penalties after a six goal thriller at Southchurch Park had failed to separate the two sides. Nathann Dewberry had fired Manor into an 11th minute lead. Wick were able to equalise before half time; Manor however took the lead again via Rhys Fatt in the 52nd minute and when Dewberry added his second in 63rd minute it looked like Manor were on their way to the next round. However a brace from Shunsake Sasaki alongside a Patrick Szyman goal drew Wick level. The East London side then won the penalty shootout 4-2; which sets up an East London Quarter Final match-up with Sporting Bengal United at the Old Spotted Dog.


Hertfordshire Senior Cup 2nd Round Harpenden Town 3 Sawbridgeworth Town 1

The Robins are out of the Hertfordshire Senior Cup after falling to Spartan South Midlands side Harpenden Town. James Ewington put the home side ahead before Kyle McLeish doubled the hosts advantage. Sawbo pulled one back but the hosts sealed their passage into the next round with a late third.


Wednesday 6th December

London Senior Cup 2nd Round

Metropolitan Police 3 Clapton 1

The Tons are out of the London Senior Cup after succumbing to Bostick Premier side Metropolitan Police at Imber Court in Surrey. Police led at the break thanks to a Lloyd Macklin goal on the half hour and then doubled their advantage through Jeremy Arthur just before the hour mark. Clapton got themselves back in the tie with a well worked goal, seeing Steve Sardinha set up Jay Morris, to give themselves just over twenty minutes to find a leveller. However just a minute later Tom Bird restored the hosts advantage and although Sardinha struck the bar and saw Clapton create two other decent openings, the near fifty place gap showed in the end and ended Essex Senior League representation in the London Senior Cup this season.

Report by Peter Dudley @ped1980