Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Tuesday 7th November

Hullbridge Sports 2 Great Wakering Rovers 3 (Premier Division)

Rovers fought off a late hosts comeback to take all three points at Lower Road. The visitors went in front after 10 minutes when Richmond pounced on a mistake from Taylor to slip the ball beyond Catling and after 26 minutes it was two when Johnson powered home a close range header. And in the 34th minute it got worse for the hosts when a Poole backpass bobbled over keeper Catlings boot and into the net and the visitors were cruising. Hullbridge competed much better in the second half and grabbed one back with eighteen to go when Buffin rammed home after the visitors had failed to clear and with three minutes left it was very much game on when Buffin deflected a long range effort beyond Hawkins. However Rovers held on for the win which takes them into fourth spot whilst Hullbridge remain third bottom.


Basildon United 2 Ilford 0 (BBC Essex Senior Cup 3rd Round)

Goals from Tom Barton and Charlie Kendal saw the Bees defeat Ilford at The Hive to progress into Round Four of the County Cup. The 4th round draw saw them subsequently drawn away to Billericay Town.


Stansted 1 Grays Athletic 1 – Grays Athletic won 4-2 on penalties. (BBC Essex Senior Cup 3rd Round)

The Airportmen are out of the County Cup despite putting in a terrific effort against Bostick North side Grays Athletic at Hargrave Park but lost on penalties after a draw. Baltazar put the hosts ahead on five minutes but Monsheju levelled for the visitors in the 19th minute. Neither side could force a winner so the tie went to penalties which saw Grays triumph from the spot.


CB Hounslow United 0 Enfield 1893 1 (Middlesex Senior Cup 2nd Round)

A sixth minute penalty from John Bricknell saw Enfield set up a home Quarter Final tie with Barnet after they defeated CB Hounslow United.


Southend Manor 2 Clapton 2 – Southend Manor won 4-1 on penalties (Errington Challenge Cup 1st Round)

Ten man Manor battled back from two goals down to eventually win on penalties against The Tons at Southchurch Park. The Tons had led 2-0, with the second a penalty after a handball on the line saw Manor reduced to ten. But the hosts fought back to take the tie to spot kicks which Manor succeeded in winning and set up a home tie with Hackney Wick in Round Two.


Woodford Town (2017) 2 Redbridge 4 (Gordon Brasted Memorial Trophy 1st Round)

Redbridge are through to Round Two after they despatched Woodford Town at Goffs Lane. The Motormen saw Worrell miss from the spot after Moses had been tripped before the hosts then grabbed the lead. But Coxi-Sebastfao levelled things up in the 56th minute before Moses put the visitors ahead in the 68th minute. However only a minute later Woodford levelled but then saw Coxi-Sebastfao restore Redbridge’s lead in the 72nd minute. Woodford then saw Jack Francis save from the spot before the visitors finally made the game safe when Coxi-Sebastfao completed his hat-trick and set up an away tie against Waltham Forest.


Burnham Ramblers 0 FC Romania 0 – FC Romania won 4-3 on penalties (Gordon Brasted Memorial Trophy 2nd Round)

FC Romania defeated Ramblers on penalties to progress into the Quarter Finals of the Brasted Trophy and set up an away tie at Sawbridgeworth Town.


Sawbridgeworth Town 6 Tower Hamlets 0 (Gordon Brasted Memorial Trophy 2nd Round)

The Robins thumped a much changed Hamlets side to progress into the Quarter Finals of the Brasted Trophy. Wright put the hosts ahead before Skinner made it two and it was three when Cleaver netted. Deamer then made it four before goals from Orie and Monk completed the rout to set up a home tie with FC Romania in the Last Eight.


Wednesday 8th November

West Essex 3 Brentwood Town 3 – Brentwood Town won 5-4 penalties (BBC Essex Senior Cup 3rd Round)

Bostick North Brentwood are through to host Colchester United in Round Four after winning on penalties against West Essex at Mayesbrook Park. The visitors took the lead twelve minutes before half time when Jack Gardner played in a lovely ball for Brad Hunter to head home and they doubled their advantage three minutes into the second period through Izzy Bademosi. The hosts though struck straight back when Fatos Zeqiri whistled an effort past the visitors keeper two minutes later however the Bostick North side looked to have settled the tie when Gardner ended a super run with a decent finish with seventeen minutes remaining. But the ESL hosts had other ideas and pulled one back through a Joe Lefley penalty with a minute left, and in stoppage time saw Zeqiri level the tie up, meaning it went to penalties. Both sides netted their first three spot kicks before the hosts missed their fourth, only to see Brentwood have their fourth kick saved as well. Each side netted their final kick meaning 4-4 and sudden death. West Essex missed their next kick leaving the visitors the chance to win it, and they duly did by converting and progressed through to the next round and end a terrific cup tie.

Report by Peter Dudley