Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Errington Challenge Cup 2nd Round

Tuesday 31st October

Great Wakering Rovers 3 Tower Hamlets 2
A young Tower Hamlets side fell to a battling defeat at the hands of Great Wakering Rovers at Burroughs Park in the Challenge Cup.   Aaron Russell put the hosts into a 20th minute lead before the visitors leveled five minutes before the break through James Ross.  Billy Johnson restored Rovers lead before one of those youngsters Ezekiel Kamson leveled with just over twenty minutes remaining. However Jay Nash netted late on to put the hosts through and setting up a Quarter Final home tie against either FC Romania or Waltham Forest.

Sawbridgeworth Town 6 Burnham Ramblers 0
The Robins set up a Quarter Final home tie against either Ilford or Wadham Lodge after thumping Burnham Ramblers at Crofters.   Early goals from Cleaver and Skinner set the Robins on their way and they went on to blow their opponents away as Cleaver and Skinner struck againin the second half with James Mays and Leon Lewis then completing the scoring to see their side cruising on.

Stansted 1 Sporting Bengal United 2
Sporting Bengal came from behind to end their seven game losing run by defeating Stansted at Hargrave Park and set up a Quarter Final tie at either Southend Manor, Clapton or Hackney Wick.  Ryan Ramsey had given the Airportmen an 18th minute lead and this looked for a time that it would be enough to take the hosts through.  However two second goals from Steven Carvell and Alvaro Pimental stunned the home side and saw Sporting through to the last eight.

Takeley 4 Hullbridge Sports 1
League leaders Takeley set up an away Quarter Final at either Barkingside or Basildon United after beating Hullbridge Sports at Station Road for the second time in four days.  Will Green and Reece Barrett had the hosts two goals up but with just over ten minutes left Ollie Quick pulled one back for the Bridge boys, but further goals from Jason Todd and Lewis Ball in the final ten minutes saw Takeley finish with a three goal victory. 


Report by Peter Dudley